November & December: Dates to Remember
- DCDSB 2015-2016 School Year Calendar
- Wednesday December 2 (7pm): St. Mary Music Department Presents "All I Want for Christmas..." (Instrumental Concert)
- Wednesday December 9 (7pm): St. Mary Vocal Department Presents "A Christmas To Remember" (Vocal Concert)
Christmas Outreach 2015
For more information, please contact Mrs. Minardi or Mr. Valookaran
Durham Student Transportation Services: Inclement Weather Notification
Occasionally transportation is cancelled due to inclement weather. Please visit www.dsts.on.ca/inclement-weather for more information (map of weather zone, radio/tv stations).
Students Striving for Success (S3) - Literacy and Numeracy After School Clinic
S3 is a FREE extra help clinic for Grade 9 and 10 students that offers the opportunity to improve your grades, time management and study skills through a 6 week workshop series that focuses on enhancing your literacy and numeracy skills in the core courses of study. Wednesdays from November 25th - January 13th in the library (3 - 4pm). See Ms. T. Baglole (Student Success Teacher) or a Guidance Counsellor for more information. Download Permission Forms.
St. Mary Arts Department Presents
New Co-Curricular Activities!
Weight Room: Open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday after school from 3:05-4pm. Students can join the Club at any time during the year and attend when able - the first 15 students for any given day will be allowed to train on that day. Students can get permission forms outside of Room 159. See Mr. Dion, Ms. Breaugh, or Mr. McCann with any questions.
Super Smash Bros Club: Bring your 3DS, controller, WiiU setup Tuesdays after school in the library.
News from Guidance
Please visit the Guidance Department page for Information and Resources for Grade 8 to Grade 9 Transitions, Secondary Pathway Planning, Post-Secondary Pathways Planning (Apprenticeship, College, Community Living, University and Workplace) and Student Supports.
For academic supports information (i.e., Math and Science Clinics), please visit the Programs and Events page.
Post-Secondary Pathway Planning
For information on Apprenticeships, College and University applications see St. Mary Guidance Department Post-Secondary Pathways Planning page and see your Guidance Counsellor!
- January 13, 2016: Deadline to submit university applications for equal consideration to all programs.
- February 1, 2016: Deadline to submit college applications for equal consideration. Applications will be accepted after this date with the exception of many highly competitive programs.
- February 5, 2016: Recommended last date to submit changes to university applications. Pay attention to individual university deadlines as some may be earlier than Feb 5.
- February 1, 2016: College Decisions – Offers of acceptance dates vary among colleges.
- March to May 27, 2016: University Decisions - There will be a limited number of acceptances sent to students before mid-April. Most will be received after April midterm grades have been reviewed.
- May 1, 2016: College Deadline for responding to an offer.
- June 1, 2016: University Deadline for responding to an offer.
St. Mary in the Durham Catholic District School Board Spotlight
Celebrating Student Success
Durham Student Transportation Services (DSTS)
DSTS is responsible for the management and administration of all home to school transportation for students eligible for transportation, in accordance with the Transportation Policy of the Durham Catholic District School Board. Secondary students are eligible for transportation if their primary address is within St. Mary's attendance boundary at a distance of more than 3.2km.
In an effort to better address inclement weather cancellations, DSTS introduced weather zones. DSTS encourages you to review the zones on our website at www.dsts.on.ca
The four zones are as follows:
Zone 1 - Brock Area
Zone 2 - Uxbridge Area
Zone 3 - Scugog Area
Zone 4 - Southern Durham Region Area
The website outlines the schools in each zone. We would encourage all families to ensure that they have confirmed which zone applies to their school and area.
Chartwells Cafeteria Zipthru Card
Chartwells is introducing a NEW and CONVENIENT way to purchase food at our school cafeteria. The Zipthru Card is a gift card that you load a balance onto and use it like cash… just SWIPE and GO!
For more information visit: www.zipthru-card.ca